Bolane Bends Realignment
|Client||Limerick County Council|
|Engineer||Kilgallon & Partners|
|Start Date||July 2012|
|End Date||Jan 2013|
Description of the Works:
The realignment of approximately 1.15km of the N69 National Secondary Route at Bolane, which is located west of Kildimo.
The realigned N69- single-carriageway and will include a ghost island junction.Earthworks - Bulk dig of approximately 22,000 m3 of material:
- Approximately 10,000 m3 of rock
- Approximately 6,000 m3 of sub soil material that was of no construction value to the road however was used as improvement material for adjacent agricultural land.
- Approximately 6,000 m3 of material which was used as road construction material – 6B Material – used for sub base construction
- The new road section was tied into the existing road with live traffic flow being maintained. Laying and compacting of road construction stone material
- Laying and compacting of road construction bituminous materials
- Drainage works Laying kerbs
- Laying watermain
- Constructing footpath
- Placing road studs
- Road markings
- Erecting road signs and installing and maintaining a Traffic Management System.
- Crash Barrier Installation
- Site Fencing Landscaping Works were carried out on the N69 with an AADT > 10,000.
- Traffic Management was designed,implemented and moniotred through out the works by P&D Lydon.