Shambles Carpark Rejuvenation Works
|Location||Tuam, Co Galway|
|Client||Galway County Council|
|Start Date||Nov 2013|
|End Date||Feb 2014|
Description of the Works:
The project involved the development and refurbishment of Shambles Carpark Tuam.
Works were carried out in a busy town centre whilst maintaining pedestrian access to shops and other commercial premises.
- 1500m2 of flamed limestone paving (700m2 in pedestrian areas & 800m2 in trafficed areas) laid on a cementitous mortar bed with cementitous bonded joints
- 350m2 of concrete footpaths with brush finish 600m of precast kerbing
- 1500m2 of surfacing works including road planing tie-ins
- Construction of all new pedestrian crossings
- Instillation of new drainage through out carpark- New manhole instilltion and tie ins to existing manholes
- Instillation of new ducting through out the car park for new street lighting plus new columns and brackets.
- Watermain tie in works and upgrade works
- Plaining off of all existing surfaces.
- Laying of new limestone paving around permiter of carpark
- Construction of new landscaped areas for planting of new trees and bedding
- Instillation of new street furniture - Bicycle Stands, bins, benches
- Resurfacing of carpark
- New line marking